OSP Engineer Role
Skills and Abilities
Rocky Mountain West Telecom (RMWT), A Professional Consulting & Engineering Services Firm is looking for a qualified OSP Field/Design Engineer to fill a key role in our organization. This individual may be responsible to travel to various locations across various states collecting field information for the client and/or may be required to design in the clients preferred systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible to provide high-quality support to our client by:
- Engineering aerial, underground & inside copper and/or fiber routes and road moves.
- Design copper routes and lay-out count including size and gauge of cable including: terminals, cross box, loop make-ups, rearrangement, bridge tap removal, circuit types & pair conditioning.
- Design fiber routes and lay-out counts including: FTTH, FTTP, FTTC, FTTT & Ethernet.
- Must have knowledge of Calix, Adtran & Cisco OSP/ISP/CPE system equipment.
- OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and creation of permittable drawings.
- Attend on-site meetings with customers for site walks and provide requirements to the customer in a respectful manner and meet the client’s timelines associated with the site-walk.
- Has the ability to perform a job cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner for the placement of communications facilities.
- Fieldwork & Site Survey for OSP and ISP
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Self-Motivated Professional that is a creative problem solver
- Ability to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgment
- 2 plus years of experience in engineering, fiber management, permitting, knowledge of different types of underground and aerial copper/fiber plant installation
- Must be coach-able and able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prior knowledge of NDS, FW/BM, WFMT, Tirks, LFACS, FORTE, Smartsheet, Ethernet Services and/or RUS is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Nephi, UT or commute to the Nephi office daily.
Potential Work Locations:
Nephi, Ut with possible travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Working knowledge of e-mail and standard computer skills (required)
Knowledge of Simple AutoCad Commands (desired)
Knowledge of a .kmz File (desired)
Understanding of Basemapping (desired)
Ability to Break Out Sheets (desired)
Understanding of Adobe (desired)
Honesty and integrity
High School AutoCAD experience (desired)
Authorized to work in the US.
Willing to undergo a background check.
Willing to submit to a drug screen
If this sounds like you and you are interested in engaging with a team that focuses on getting things done and getting them done right, then fill out an application by clicking the following button.
Responsible for the design and engineering of telecommunications equipment, copper and/or fiber optic cable facilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets with Client representative to determine best conceptual route for placement of OSP cable facilities.
- Engages in direct client contact and attendance at meetings with clients when required.
- Meets with contractors, vendors, landowners, representatives from city, state, county and other governmental agencies, etc. on site for project clarification.
- Draw legible field notes with required measurements, obstacles and list all required units adhering to various requirements and regulations and client specifications and standards.
- Create and submit various permits for approval and make revisions when required.
- Accountable for meeting the highest level of client satisfaction during the delivery of sold engineering services to ensure future success in selling RMWT’s engineering services.
- Ensure on-time delivery of engineering services within budgetary and client guidelines.
- Advises management of project progress and successes/issues with projects.
- Communicate on a daily basis or as needed with the Engineering Project Manager.
- Responsible for maintenance, archiving, and organization of assigned project files.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Supervision over Assistant Field Engineers when assigned.
- Works under the supervision of the Engineering Project Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or GED.
- Experience is not required but is a plus.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage own workload and deliverables with minimal supervision under strict timelines.
- Skill in operation of listed equipment.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and client standards/procedures/units, NESC Standards, as-built record plats, street and highway maps.
- Ability to read, understand and coordinate permitting processes including, but not limited to, State and Federal highways, County and Parish roads, City streets, Railroads, Corps of Engineers, and Federal Land.
- Skilled in taking accurate field measurements, identify foreign utility structures and obstacles, drawing legible field notes suitable for Drafting Department interpretation.
- Ability to make logical and feasible decisions regarding design and placement of buried, aerial and underground OSP facilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Google Earth.
- The employee is frequently exposed to varied working conditions, such as heat, cold, humidity, noise, dust, fumes, and other elements. May work in outside weather conditions. May be exposed to moderate to high noise levels in the work environment. Due to nature of the job, is exposed to more safety hazards than other employees.
- Must have reliable vehicle with appropriate safety lighting (light bars, strobe lights, or beacons).
- Current and valid driver’s license and appropriate vehicle insurance.
- Availability for overnight travel as required.
- Copy/Scanner Machine
- Personal Computer
- Height Stick
- Measuring Wheel
- DMI (Digital Measurement Instrument)
- GPS (Global Positioning System) Device
Job Type: Full-time
Positions available through our parent company, Full Circle Fiber Partners, can be found here