OSP Engineer Role
Skills and Abilities
Rocky Mountain West Telecom (RMWT), A Professional Consulting & Engineering Services Firm is looking for a qualified OSP Field/Design Engineer to fill a key role in our organization. This individual may be responsible to travel to various locations across various states collecting field information for the client and/or may be required to design in the clients preferred systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position is responsible to provide high-quality support to our client by:
- Engineering aerial, underground & inside copper and/or fiber routes and road moves.
- Design copper routes and lay-out count including size and gauge of cable including: terminals, cross box, loop make-ups, rearrangement, bridge tap removal, circuit types & pair conditioning.
- Design fiber routes and lay-out counts including: FTTH, FTTP, FTTC, FTTT & Ethernet.
- Must have knowledge of Calix, Adtran & Cisco OSP/ISP/CPE system equipment.
- OSP staking, work order package preparation including but not limited to field notes, cut sheets, schematics, and creation of permittable drawings.
- Attend on-site meetings with customers for site walks and provide requirements to the customer in a respectful manner and meet the client’s timelines associated with the site-walk.
- Has the ability to perform a job cost analysis to determine the most cost effective and efficient manner for the placement of communications facilities.
- Fieldwork & Site Survey for OSP and ISP
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Self-Motivated Professional that is a creative problem solver
- Ability to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgment
- 2 plus years of experience in engineering, fiber management, permitting, knowledge of different types of underground and aerial copper/fiber plant installation
- Must be coach-able and able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Prior knowledge of NDS, FW/BM, WFMT, Tirks, LFACS, FORTE, Smartsheet, Ethernet Services and/or RUS is a plus.
- Willing to relocate to Nephi, UT or commute to the Nephi office daily.
Potential Work Locations:
Nephi, Ut with possible travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
Working knowledge of e-mail and standard computer skills (required)
Knowledge of Simple AutoCad Commands (desired)
Knowledge of a .kmz File (desired)
Understanding of Basemapping (desired)
Ability to Break Out Sheets (desired)
Understanding of Adobe (desired)
Honesty and integrity
High School AutoCAD experience (desired)
Authorized to work in the US.
Willing to undergo a background check.
Willing to submit to a drug screen
If this sounds like you and you are interested in engaging with a team that focuses on getting things done and getting them done right, then fill out an application by clicking the following button.